Retail Gift Cards
Terms and Conditions
Gift Cards Terms and Conditions
Diageo Brand Homes (“Diageo”) gift cards (the “Gift Cards”) are governed by these terms and conditions.
- A Diageo Gift Card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
- The minimum amount to activate a Diageo Gift Card is £10. The maximum Gift Card value that can be loaded onto one card is £1,000
- You may purchase and use Diageo Gift Cards at the following Diageo Brand Homes: Blair Athol, Caol Ila, Cardhu, Clynelish, Cragganmore, Dalwhinnie, Glenkinchie, Johnnie Walker Princes Street, Lagavulin, Oban, Royal Lochnagar, Talisker & The Singleton of Glen Ord (Brora is excluded)
- Diageo Gift Cards are only valid for use in retail only and cannot be used to purchase any of Diageo’s Experiences or Tours
- Gift Cards will only be valid for a period of two years from the date of issue after which will expire and cannot be used.
- Gift Cards cannot be redeemed via telephone/mail-order/website.
- When you use a Gift Card in store, the amount of your purchase will be deducted from the balance on the Gift Card. If your purchase totals less than the value of the Gift Card, any balance will be left as credit for you on your Gift Card to spend in future. However, additional value cannot be added to any Gift Card and change will not be given.
- You may obtain information about the remaining balance on the Gift Card at any till in store,
- You may only redeem your Gift Card in GB pounds .
- A Gift Card cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash and cash refunds will not be available for products purchased with a Gift Card.
- Refunds will not be given for the purchase of a Gift Card. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- A Gift Card is like cash. Lost or stolen cards cannot be replaced, refunded, cancelled, blocked, restricted in any way or exchange for a new Gift Card.
- Diageo shall not be responsible for any use of the funds on any Gift Card(s) without your knowledge or consent.
- Diageo reserves the right to refuse to accept any Gift Card which we consider has been tampered with, copied or which otherwise is suspected to be affected by fraud.
- If your Gift Card becomes accidentally damaged please return it to the Brand Home in which it was purchased together with a receipt of purchase. It shall be in Diageo’s sole discretion to decide whether to issue a new Gift Card.
- All refunds of goods or services purchased with a Gift Card will be made in accordance with Diageo’s refund policy. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- For returns of products purchased in store with a Gift Card, the purchase price will be refunded to a Gift Card.
- The re-sale of Gift Cards is strictly prohibited.
- Risk in the Gift Card shall pass to you upon delivery or receipt if the Gift Card is purchased in store.
- Diageo will cancel the value of a Gift Card if we fail to receive payment from the purchaser's bank or card company for the initial purchase of the card. Further action be taken where the fraudulent use of a credit card is suspected.
- All orders for Gift Cards are subject to security checks. Your order may be delayed in the event that additional security and fraud checks are required. If your order fails the security checks, your order will be rejected with no sums levied from your account or refunded. The purchase of alcohol using the Gift Card shall be subject to Diageo’s Challenge 25 Policy and identification will be required where applicable
- Diageo will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre- contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages including loss of profit, loss of opportunity or any losses related to any business including (without limitation) lost data, earnings or business interruption that result from the use of, or the inability to use any Gift Card(s).
- Diageo reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time where we consider it reasonable and necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.`
- Diageo Gift Cards and these terms and conditions are issued by Diageo Scotland Limited