1. These Terms
These terms and conditions (the Terms) apply to your ticket purchase. These Terms incorporate and should be read in accordance with the venue rules, copies of which are available on Our website and/or on request. These Terms contain important information about Our venue and your purchase, so please read them carefully prior to purchase. Purchase of tickets constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
2. In these Terms, references to "We", "Us" and "Our" means Diageo Scotland Limited, a company registered in Scotland with company number SC000750.
3. Purchasing Tickets
4. A booking must be made by a person aged 18 years or over. Age restrictions apply to some ticket types. Please check carefully before you book and when attending the venue, please carry photographic proof of age.
5. Children under the age of 8 are not permitted on tours. Children 8 years+ are allowed on the Johnnie Walker Princes Street Journey of Flavour tour but are not permitted on any other experiences. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult who is 18 years or older at all times.
6. In addition to the ticket price, your order may require payment of a booking fee per ticket and/or a transaction fee per order. Any such fees shall be notified to you at the time you book the tickets. Please note that those fees are not refundable except as set out in paragraphs 2.4 and 2.6 below.
7. An order for tickets is not complete until accepted by Us. Our acceptance of your order will take place when We email you to accept it. We try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If We discover an error in the price of the tickets that you have ordered, We will inform you as soon as possible and We may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking or transaction fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
8. Where a concession is claimed, proof of identity and concession entitlement (for example of age or student status) may be required. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. Any such restriction shall be notified to you at the time you book the tickets. We reserve the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number (in which case you will be refunded the price of such excess tickets and any booking fees you have paid relating to the excess tickets).
9. Before you finalise your booking, please read all the information that applies to the event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has any special requirements, please raise these when booking and We will endeavour to address your query. There can be no guarantee that requirements can be met if only notified to Us after you have completed your booking.
10. Ticket Delivery and Collection
11. Tickets shall be delivered to you electronically via email once your booking has been confirmed following purchase. If you have not received your tickets from Us once your booking has been confirmed, please contact Us. To collect tickets at the venue the cardholder must present the email confirmation of order together with the card used to book the tickets as identification. Other identification or letters authorising collection may not be accepted and the tickets may be withheld at the venue.
12. When you receive your tickets check the details carefully and advise Us immediately of any errors. Mistakes made when ordering cannot always be corrected after purchase and any corrections are discretionary. Tickets are non-transferable. You and your party must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) any booking or tickets. A breach of this condition will entitle Us to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability. Duplicate tickets will not be issued to replace tickets that have been lost, stolen or destroyed. Lost, stolen or destroyed tickets will not be refunded.
13. Attending the Venue
14. A valid ticket must be produced to access the venue. Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate your ticket. We reserve the right to conduct security searches on entry and confiscate any item which, in Our reasonable opinion, may cause danger or disruption to other visitors or the venue. Any refusal may result in entry to the venue being refused.
15. Whilst attending the venue, you must at all times comply with all safety announcements, venue rules and directions given by Our staff and security personnel from time to time.
We reserve the right to refuse admission or require you (and other members of your group) to leave the venue in reasonable circumstances, including for health and safety reasons, if You breach any of the venue rules, if You are involved in any abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour, if You are acting under the influence of, or carrying, any illegal or prohibited substances or if You make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings. No refunds will be given to persons who are refused entry or who are required to leave due to their own behaviour as suggested in, but not limited to, the examples above.
16. You should arrive at the venue at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your allotted tour time-slot. If You are late, We shall assume that You have failed to attend, and We reserve the right to continue the tour at the scheduled time in your absence.
17. You are responsible for ensuring that you allow sufficient time for arrival at the venue. We shall not be liable to you if you miss your event because you did not allow sufficient time.
18. From time to time We, or other authorised third parties, may carry out photography or other recordings at the venue and any images or recordings may feature visitors. You consent to the use of such images by Us in any media in connection with advertising or promotions and acknowledge that the copyright in such images rests with Us and/or any authorised third party.
19. CCTV may be in operation at the venue for the purposes of safety and security including the detection and prevention of crime.Cameras may be brought into the venue for private purposes only, however, the use of photographic and recording equipment may be prohibited in certain areas within the venue. We shall notify you of such restrictions prior to entering such areas. We reserve the right to confiscate and destroy unauthorised recordings, films or similar items. We will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to confiscated items.
20. You should take care of any personal property that you may bring with you and in no circumstances should you leave it unattended. We accept no responsibility for personal property.
21. Cancelled Events / Refunds
22. Tickets can be refunded up to 48 hours prior to the date of the ticket.
23. Requests to exchange tickets for an alternative date/time are at Our absolute discretion. Such requests can only be considered if We receive notice at least 48 hours before the scheduled date and time of your visit. If you purchased your tickets via our website, please email Us with your request using the contact details set out on the website.
24. We may cancel an event for operational reasons or for causes beyond Our control. It is your responsibility to check that the event you booked is going ahead at the scheduled date and time and you must advise your party of any changes. We will notify you as soon as possible (using the email address you provided) where We have cancelled an event.
25. If an event is cancelled by Us, you shall be entitled to a refund from Us for the cost of your tickets. Please note that any booking and/or transaction fees are not refundable.
26. Refunds shall only be made to the person who purchased the tickets and, when possible, be made using the same method as was used to purchase the tickets except, at Our discretion, where payment was made by cash. Cash payments may be refunded by cheque.
27. Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to your visit to our site are at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any costs or expenses relating to any other services that you may have arranged.
29. We do not accept any liability for any losses or claims arising from any inability to access the website or any interruption or any failure to complete a transaction.
30. We do not accept any liability for the acts or omissions of third parties. However, We do not exclude or limit in any way Our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or breach of duty or the negligence or breach of duty of our employees, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or in any other way where it would be unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
31. If We fail to comply with these Terms or fail to use reasonable care and skill in providing tickets, We are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our failure, but We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable or for any business losses set out in paragraph 6.4. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the tickets were purchased, both We and you knew it might happen.
32. If you are a business, We are not liable for business losses. Subject to paragraph 6.2, We will have no liability to you (whether in contract, delict (including negligence), tort (including negligence) or otherwise) for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity (in each case whether such loss is direct or indirect).
33. Other Important Information
34. Any ticket obtained in breach of these Terms shall be void and any person holding such a ticket shall be refused entry without refund or compensation. We will process the personal data collected in connection with your booking in accordance with the Diageo Privacy and Cookie notice. If required, We may share your contact details with NHS Test and Trace.
35. You accept full responsibility for all contact information on your customer account and must ensure it is kept up-to-date. We accept no responsibility for information not received by you due to out of date contact information. Please be aware that your email filter settings may treat Our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
36. Ownership or possession of a ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on you to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trade marks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket.
37. If We delay or fail to enforce any of these Terms it shall not mean that We have waived our right to do so.
38. This contract is between you and Us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
39. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and will ensure that the transfer will not adversely affect your rights under the contract.
40. Each paragraph of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
41. This contract amounts to the entire understanding between you and Us in relation to your order and it will not be modified unless We both agree.
42. Laws and Disputes
43. These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your purchase in the English courts. If you live in a part of the UK which is not England, you can choose whether to bring legal proceedings in respect of your purchase in the courts of the part of the UK where you live, or the English courts.
44. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how We have handled any complaint, you may want to use alternative dispute resolution.
45. Click & Collect Terms of Sale
46. These Terms
47. These Click and Collect Terms of Sale (“C&C Terms”) apply to you when you order products (“Products”) through the https://www.johnniewalker.com/en-gb/visit-us-princes-street/book-whisky-tasting website (“the Website”) for click and collect using the Diageo Click & Collect service.
48. The Product is produced by Diageo Great Britain Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 00507652 with its registered address at Lakeside Drive, Park Royal, NW10 7HQ. Products ordered on the Website using Diageo’s Click & Collect service will be sold to you by Diageo Scotland Limited, a company registered in under company 000750 whose registered address is at 11 Lochside Place, Edinburgh, Scotland EH12 9HA. By ordering any Products using the Click & Collect service you agree to be bound by these C&C Terms.
49. Placing an Order
50. If you would like to be able to collect your Products from the Johnnie Walker Princes Street retail store you will be provided with an opportunity to select your products while booking your tour or experience online via our website.
51. When you place your order using the Diageo Click & Collect service you will have the opportunity to add the name of an alternate pick-up person who can collect the Products from the store on your behalf.
52. Please ensure that you have their permission to provide their name to Diageo before you place your order. Due to the speed at which orders are processed, you will not be able to add or change the alternate pick-up person once your order has been placed. By placing your Order and making payment through the Website you will enter into a contract with Diageo Scotland Limited under these Terms of Sale. We only sell Product to persons aged 18 or over and by placing an Order, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age. Once you are ready to make a purchase via the Website, you will check out your shopping basket. The Website will ask for your payment details which will be processed on secure server by our third-party payment processor.
You will then receive an email from Johnnie Walker Princes Street via AnyRoad Inc. to acknowledge that your Order has been received (Confirmatory Email). This email does not mean we have accepted your Order. We may, at our discretion and for any reason, decline to accept your Order, in which case we will inform you by email and, if we have already taken payment from you, the appropriate will be refunded to your original payment within 3-5 working days. After receiving your order, Diageo will check that the relevant Products are in stock at Johnnie Walker Princess Street retail shop. If your Products are in stock your order will be prepared for collection by our store team on the day of your tour or experience. This email forms the contract between us incorporating these Terms of Sale (Contract). You should check the Confirmatory Email for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. It is your responsibility to ensure that your Order is correct before submitting it to us and we will not be responsible for any issues with your Order because you have inputted incorrect or incomplete details. If you have any problems with your Order, you should contact our customer services team via email at Retail.JWPS@diageo.com.
53. Delivery and Collection
54. Products ordered through Click & Collect, that are in stock at Johnnie Walker Princes Street are available for collection on the day of your experience or tour with us. Your Product will be held for 14 days after your experience, should you forget to collect on the day. If you haven’t collected the Product after 14 days your payment will be refunded to your card.
55. When you or your alternate pick-up person collects your Products, you/they will be asked to provide a copy of your Order Receipt Confirmation Email and a valid form of ID (passport or driving licence). You/they may also be asked to sign for the Products.
57. The price of the Product will be the price indicated on the order pages on the Website where you placed your Order. All prices are shown in £GBP. All prices are liable to change at any time, but such changes will not affect Orders for which we have issued a Confirmatory Email. If we find the price has changed or that there has been a pricing error when we receive your Order we will contact you and ask if you wish to proceed at the correct price. Product prices indicated on the Website and at checkout include all local taxes (inc. VAT) and duty that may be payable in respect of the Product, If the rate of applicable taxes and duties increase between your Order date and the date we delivery the Product, we will adjust the rate of taxes and duties that you pay, unless you have already paid for the Product in full before the change takes effect.
59. When you order the Products on the Diageo website you will be asked to enter your payment details and payment for the Products will be pre-authorised. Payment will be taken automatically, using the details that you provided at the Diageo website checkout, at the time of placing your order on our website for collection from the Walker Princes Street store. Payment for all Products must be in £GBP by Maestro, Mastercard and Visa. It is possible your card issuer may charge you an online handling fee or processing fee, for which we are not responsible. For payment by card, all credit and debit cardholders may be subject to authorisation and authentication. If the issuer of your payment card or our service provider refuses to or does not for any reason authorise or validate the payment, we will cancel your Order.
60. Ownership of the Products will pass to you only when Diageo has received full payment in respect of your order, including all taxes and other charges. The Products will be at your risk from the time of collection.
61. Help, Cancellations, Returns and Refunds
62. For help with your Order, you can contact the customer services team at Johnnie Walker Princes Street by emailing Retail.JWPS@diageo.com. We will aim to respond to emails within 5 working days. You have a 14-day period starting on the date your Order is delivered to change your mind about the Product and cancel the Contract, provided the Product is unopened, has not been consumed and you have not broken the seal on the Product. To exercise this right to cancel, please return to Johnnie Walker Princes Street Store with the products you wish to return and your receipt/booking confirmation email and speak to a member of our retail team who can help process your refund. Alternatively, please email us on Retail.JWPS@diageo.com and we will arrange for a postage label to be sent to you electronically, which you can use to post the Product back to us at your own cost, for a full refund within 14 days of receipt by us, provided the Product has not been and the seal is not broken. Subject to any specific warranties implied by law, we do not offer any warranty or guarantee on our Product. If the Product is damaged or faulty when delivered to you or misdescribed, you can return the Product and receive a replacement Product or a refund. You should inspect the Product when you receive it for defects, damage or misdescription. If you find a defect, damage or misdescription please let us know as soon as possible by contacting email@example.com. Please note you will be required to provide photographic evidence of the damaged, faulty or misdescribed Product, without which we will be unable to process any claim. On acceptance of your claim we will provide you with a free returns slip and ask you to return the Product to us within 14 days. We will then process your refund to your original payment method within 14 days of receiving the Product. Failure to return the Product or to provide requested photographic evidence will forfeit your right to a refund or replacement. Nothing in this section affects your statutory legal rights.
63. Product Information
64. All free items are subject to availability and are subject to change without notification. All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only and Products and their packaging may vary slightly from their pictures.
65. Limitation of Liability
66. You agree not to purchase Product for any commercial, business or re-sale resale purposes, and if you do so we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity. These Terms of Sale do not exclude our liability (if any) to you for:
• fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
• any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession) or sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); or Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
• any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability. Subject to this, we shall only be liable to you for foreseeable losses which you suffer as a result of a breach of these Terms of Sale by us. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. We are not liable for any losses not caused by any breach on our part. We are not responsible for any delay in, or failure of, performance of our obligations under these Terms of Sale arising from any cause beyond our reasonable control including any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion, failure in information technology or telecommunications services, failure of a third party (including failure to supply data), epidemic/pandemic (and related lockdowns, business closures and restrictions on movement, whether government-mandated or voluntarily determined by us), government actions and measures, and industrial action.
67. Personal Data
69. Applicable Laws
70. These Terms of Sale and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them are governed by Scotland will have non-exclusive jurisdiction of any disputes or claims that arise in relation to these Terms of Sale.
71. Other Information which you need to be aware
72. We may transfer these Terms of Sale, and our rights and obligations under these Terms of Sale, to another organisation. We will always ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these Terms of Sale. You need our consent to transfer your rights and obligations to someone else. If any provision of these Terms of Sale is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, it will be deleted from the rest of these Terms of Sale which shall remain unaffected. Even if we delay in enforcing the terms of these Terms of Sale, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms of Sale, or if we delay taking steps against you in respect of your breaking these Terms of Sale, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. A person who is not a party to a Contract is not entitled to enforce any of its terms and does not have any rights under the Contract, except where these Terms of Sale expressly provide for such rights."